If you like Joni Mitchell, Daniel Lanois, Suzanne Vega, Fleetwood Mac, you will fall in love with Alexandra Cherrington’s universe for sure.
Her new album “Free As The wind” is a soft musical journey between Alexandra celtic roots and the 70’s, with a touch of blues.
From british (Wales) and german descent she spent her childhood between Lake Constance and the wild landscapes of Wales. Free child from Summerhill, she started her career as a fashion model and followed up as a singer.
As a confirmed stage performer she has been seen around the world in numerous different bars and clubs. Being a prolific songwriter with her partner Tony Ballester, she composed and sang the soundtrack of the documentary directed by Bruno Vienne “Prisoners of the pack ice” in 2008.
Alexandra is a very caring person, very sensitive to environmental preservation matters, delivering a positive atmosphere in every lyric and music she performs. Her band consist of her (playing acoustic guitar), Tony Ballester on bass, a guitarist, a cajon player. Her set is very folk easy listening and works with all audiences.
Past Concerts :
– Dansoir Magic Mirror – Paris
– Festival de la terre – Paris Bercy
– Festival voix mêlées – Pavillons sous Bois
– Virgin Café Paris-Champs Elysées
– Fête de la musique Hippodrome of Chantilly
– Grand Rex – Paris
– Festival Folk You – OPA Bastille – Paris
– Festival Les Jeudis de Ploemeur – Brittany
– Hayes Mansion – San Jose, California, USA
– Divan du Monde – Paris Folk Festival
– Festival “Bulles Sonores”
Music for movies :
Documentary : ” Prisonniers volontaires de la banquise” by Bruno Vienne.
Documentary : ” Dom Alexis, le chant des pierres” by François Gorin and Bruno Vienne.